Climate Finance Knowledge Portal
The Climate Finance Knowledge Portal (CFKP) is a platform that provides space for accessing knowledge products and facilitating dialogue on Climate Finance in India.
The CFKP seeks to enhance knowledge on climate change action & climate finance related topics, including exposure, vulnerability, sectoral impacts, and funding options.
Launch date: October 2019.
Update status: The platform was lastly updated in August 2020.
Funding: The platform is now managed by the host organisation.
Team: 2 persons are in charge of content management and knowledge exchanges.
- Raising awareness on the need for climate change adaptation
- Sharing adaptation solutions and case studies
- Provide support on funding mechanisms for climate change projects
- National-level decision makers / national government
- City and regional-level decision-makers / local government
- Communities / general public
- Private sector / businesses
- Research community
- Civil society (NGO / charities)
Focus sectors for the platform:
- Finance / insurance
Why the platform was established
The Climate Finance Knowledge Portal was established with the intention to fill the existing knowledge gap on Climate Finance. NABARD and GIZ recognized the need for scaling up capacity development initiatives on Climate Finance in India. NABARD took the lead in establishing the Centre for Climate Change at Bankers Institute of Rural Development (BIRD), Lucknow, India.
The centre is supported by Indo – German Cooperation Project on Centre of Excellence on Climate Finance coordinated by GIZ, Germany. As part of the project, the Centre for Climate Change has developed a one-stop web-based platform Climate Finance Knowledge Portal (CFKP), that provides space for accessing knowledge products and facilitating dialogue on Climate Finance.