CGIAR is a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future.CGIAR research is dedicated to reducing rural poverty, increasing food security, improving human health and nutrition, and ensuring sustainable management of natural resources. It is carried out by 15Centers, that are members of theCGIAR Consortium, in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector.
We collaborate with research and development partners to solve development problems. To fulfill our mission we:
- Identify significant global development problems that science can help solve;
- Collect and organize knowledge related to these development problems;
- Develop research programs to fill the knowledge gaps to solve these development problems;
- Catalyze and lead putting research into practice, and policies and institutions into place, to solve these development problems;
- Lead monitoring and evaluation, share the lessons we learn and best practices we discover;
- Conserve, evaluate and share genetic diversity; and
- Strengthen skills and knowledge in agricultural research for development around the world.