DEME works in the highly specialised fields of dredging, land reclamation, marine infrastructure, offshore energy and environmental remediation. They bring tailor-made solutions, innovation and new technologies to our customers’ projects, ensuring that they are performed safely, efficiently and cost-effectively. DEME’s vision is to work towards a sustainable future by offering solutions for global challenges:
- The urgent need for reduction of emissions has led the Paris Agreement to commit countries to Net Zero Emissions by 2050, spurring growth for clean energy. The resulting energy transition and the related electrification are expected to result in a growing demand for critical minerals.
- The rising sea levels are forcing a necessity for new types of marine infrastructure and coastal protection.
- The growing population and fast urbanisation pace are increasing the need for land reclamation and brownfield development in already densely populated areas.
- The rising maritime trade activity requires constant marine infrastructure upgrades to ensure ship access and suitable ports.
- Finally, the increasingly polluted rivers and soils give rise to stricter regulations and public investment programmes that push for more environmental solutions.