Eldis is one of a family of knowledge services from the Institute of Development Studies, Sussex.
Eldis is funded by UKaid and Irish Aid.
The aim of Eldis is to:
- support the documentation, exchange and use of evidence-based development knowledge
- communicate this knowledge effectively through a range of appropriately designed services, using the Internet (web and email) as the main communication medium for delivery
- reach audiences of researchers, development practitioners and policy formers at national and international levels
- play a role in the processes of evidence-based policy formation
- provide this information and services free of charge at point of use