Inuit Circumpolar Council
The Inuit Circumpolar Council (ІСС) is an international Indigenous Peoples’ Organization representing approximately 160.000 Inuit living in the Arctic regions of Alaska, Canada, Greenland and Chukotka, Russia.
The principal goals of ІСС are:
- To strengthen unity among Inuit of the Circumpolar region
- To promote Inuit rights and interests on the international level
- To ensure and further develop Inuit culture and society for both the present and future generations
- To seek full and active participation in the political, economic, and social development in our homelands
- To develop and encourage long-term policies which safeguard the Arctic environment
- To work for international recognition of the human rights of all Indigenous Peoples
Inuit Circumpolar Council is also involved in different international fora.