The Ministry of Public Health and the Fight Against AIDS, Burundi looks to improve the utilization and quality of health services offered to the population. It aims to:
- Improve the mechanisms of verification and reimbursement of benefits of free care package for pregnant women and children under 5 years;
- Motivate and stabilize the health workforce;
- Encourage health staff working in peripheral health facilities;
- Strengthen management, autonomy and organization of health structures;
- Taking into account the views of beneficiaries in the management and resolution of health problems.