National University of Singapore
NUS will be a globally-oriented university, in the distinguished league of the world’s leading universities. A key node in global knowledge networks, NUS will have distinctive expertise and insights relating to Asia.
NUS aspires to be a bold and dynamic community, with a “no walls” culture and a spirit of enterprise which strives for positive influence and impact through our education, research and service.
Every member of our university enjoys diverse opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. Learning and working at NUS will foster quick, well-rounded minds, well-equipped to succeed in our fast-changing world.
The NUS mission comprises three mutually reinforcing thrusts:
Transformative education that nurtures thinking individuals who are alive to opportunities to make a difference, are valued members and leaders of society, and global citizens effective in diverse settings.
High-impact research that advances the boundaries of knowledge and contributes to the betterment of society.
Dedicated service, as a national university, that adds to social, economic and national development.
The eight key components of NUS’ strategy are:
- Nurture, recruit and retain best quality people, the single most important determinant of the quality of education and research.
- Attract the best students, who are academically strong, and who have passion, commitment, leadership potential and come from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide a high quality educational experience that stretches students, is globally-oriented, and develops skills and values to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Focus on high impact research that advances knowledge and its application, and which is of high international quality and impact.
- Inject a spirit of enterprise into education and research, and develop impactful synergies in education, in research, and between education and research, within a dynamic “no-walls” environment.
- Nurture committed alumni to be key members of the NUS community, who will actively support NUS towards its Vision and Mission.
- Develop global profile and reach as a leader among universities.
- Adopt and adapt best practice governance and management, for optimal administration, management of resources, and faculty, staff and student services.