Climate Central is an independent organization of leading scientists and journalists researching and reporting the facts about our changing climate and its impact on the public. Climate Central communicate the science and effects of climate change to the public and decision-makers.
What We Do
Climate Central surveys and conducts scientific research on climate change and informs the public of key findings. Our scientists publish and our journalists report on climate science, energy, sea level rise, wildfires, drought, and related topics. Climate Central is not an advocacy organization. We do not lobby, and we do not support any specific legislation, policy or bill. Climate Central is a qualified tax-exempt organization.
- Scientific and Journalistic Integrity — We report the scientific facts of climate change however they fall.
- Importance of Informing the Public — Democracy calls for an informed public. We seek to reach the widest possible audience with the scientific facts to support a healthy public debate.
- Effective Communication—An innovative mix of cutting-edge science and communication defines our approach, to reach and move important audiences.
- Collaboration — We work in the lead in our specific field, and we contribute our talents and efforts as a partner with the community addressing climate change.
- No Advocacy — We advance no specific policy, legislation, or technology to address climate change. We are scrupulously non-partisan.