Imperial College London is a science-based university with an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research. Consistently rated amongst the world’s best universities, Imperial is committed to developing the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics through collaboration across disciplines.
Located in the heart of London, Imperial is a multidisciplinary space for education, research, translation and commercialisation, harnessing science and innovation to tackle global challenges.
- To remain a world-leading institution for scientific research and education.
- To harness the quality, breadth and depth of our research capabilities to address the difficult challenges of today and the future.
- To develop the next generation of researchers, scientists and academics.
- To provide an education for students from around the world that equips them with the knowledge and skills they require to pursue their ambitions.
- To make a demonstrable economic and social impact through the translation of our work into practice worldwide.
- To engage with the world and communicate the importance and benefits of science to society.
The Grantham Institute
Imperial College London hosts the Grantham Institute, the mandate of which is to drive forward climate and environment related research, translating this into real world impact and communicating our knowledge to help shape decision-making.
In 2014 the scope of the Grantham Institute broadened from a sole focus on climate change research to encompass environmental science and engineering research from across Imperial.
The Institute is already integrating researchers and capabilities from all areas of the College necessary to tackle the challenges of climate change and the environment, through which we will work to offer practical scientific and technical knowledge of the highest quality. The Institute is supported by a team of experts who provide authoritative analysis and assessment of research outputs, communicating it in a policy-relevant way to decision makers.