JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH is a leading international research organisation that develops solutions and technologies for businesses and industry covering a wide range of sectors. As an INNOVATION COMPANY focused on applied research and technology development, it plays a key role in facilitating the transfer of technology and knowledge in Styria.
To benefit the region, JOANNEUM RESEARCH performs the following key tasks:
INNOVATION: JOANNEUM RESEARCH actively cooperates with business, industry and the public sector to generate innovations. We focus on application-oriented research and development projects to promote technology transfer into the economy.
KNOWLEDGE NETWORK: JOANNEUM RESEARCH forges organisational links between national and international research networks. It acts as a customer interface, providing advice and facilitating contact between research, business, industry and the public sector.
KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER: JOANNEUM RESEARCH provides access to new science and technology for the benefit of the region. We set a high value of targeted programs to foster career development of our employees and the advancement of women in our staff.
- MATERIALS – Institute for Surface Technologies and Photonics
- HEALTH – Institute for Biomedicine and Health Sciences
- DIGITAL – Institute for Information and Communication Technolgies
- POLICIES – Institute for Economic and Innovation Research
- ROBOTICS – Institute for Robotics and Mechatronics
- LIFE – Centre für Climate, Energy and Society