Kenya Forest Service is a state corporation that was created through the Forest Act, 2005 (now repealed). The Service derives her mandate from the Forest Conservation and Management Act (FCMA), 2016.
- To rehabilitate degraded natural forest areas, develop and conserve all public natural forests
- To restock and sustainably manage all public forest plantations
- To increase forest cover outside public forest areas
- To protect and secure public forests and other corporate assets
- To strengthen capacity for efficient utilization of resources and effective service delivery
KFS’ vision is to be an internationally recognized organisation for excellence in knowledge-based sustainable forest resources management and conservation.