Mercy Corps Global
Who we are
Mercy Corps is a non-profit, non-government international organization who works amid disasters, conflicts, chronic poverty and instability to unleash the potential of people who can win against nearly impossible odds. Since 1979, Mercy Corps has provided $1.3 billion in assistance to people in 100 nations. Supported by headquarters offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, the agency’s global programs employ 3,400 staff worldwide and reach more than 19 million people in more than 41 countries. Over the past five years, more than 90 percent of the agency’s resources have been allocated directly to programs that help people in need.
Mercy Corps has improved the lives of more than 1,000,000 Indonesians across the country’s vast expanse of islands since 1999. In addition to our long-established programs focusing on urban issues and poverty reduction, we are helping communities prepare for and recover from natural disasters and the impact of climate change. We provide both immediate aid and long-term programs to “build back better” by improving community infrastructure, resiliency, and economic opportunities in Indonesia’s most challenging urban and coastal areas.
Alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
We believe secure, productive and just societies emerge when the private, public, and civil society sectors are able to interact with accountability, inclusive participation and mechanisms for peaceful change.
Our accountability to stakeholders
- As an organization and as individuals, we act ethically.
- We treat all people with respect.
- We are open and transparent about the work we do and how we do it.
- Our stakeholders participate in the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of our work.
- We are effective stewards of the financial resources entrusted to us and the natural environment in which we live.
- We commit to achieving demonstrable impact for our stakeholders, using their feedback to innovate, learn and improve.