PAID-WA is active in development, management activities and capacity building through training. practical field research, technical advisory/consultancy services and publications to address contemporary issues and knowledge gaps. With core staff drawn from a variety of cultural, national and disciplinary background, and supported by network of external consultants from universities and the private sector, it is staffed by highly skilled, experienced and dedicated individuals. Its main objectives are to:
- Promote action-oriented research and people centered development.
- Build the capacity of individuals and institutions through the development of business and management skills in an effort to create employment and reduce poverty.
- Facilitate the development of policy framework for the promotion of good governance and gender equity.
- Put in place mechanisms for the promotion of environmental sustainability with a view to achieving sustainable development.
- Diploma in Development Studies – Micro-initiatives and Economic empowerment – Gender, Governance and Development.
- Capacity building and Institutional strengthening
- General Management
- Environment and Development
- Health and Development
- Computer and IT programmes