Western Cape Government
The Western Cape Government creates laws for and provides services to the people of the Western Cape, South Africa. We work closely with the national government and municipalities in the Western Cape to ensure that the citizens of the province have access to the services, facilities and information they need. We are committed to delivering an open opportunity society for all.
The Western Cape Government promotes freedom and opportunity for all the people of the province through:
- Policies and practices that strengthen the Constitution.
- Creating the conditions for sustainable economic and employment growth.
- Alleviating poverty by providing a welfare safety net for those unable to provide for themselves.
- Ensuring the safety of every person.
- Capital and skills.
- Delivering clean, efficient, cost-effective, transparent and responsive public administration.