This report synthesis relevant lessons, insights, and good practices from developing country Parties under the UNFCCC in i) assessing the costs of adaptation and ii) assessing domestic expenditures towards meeting the costs of adaptation.
As part of the Cancun Adaptation Framework, Parties established the Adaptation Committee (AC) to promote the implementation of enhanced action on adaptation in a coherent manner under the Convention and the Paris Agreement.
The work of the AC is centered around five core functions:
1. Promoting synergy and strengthening engagement with national, regional and international organizations, centers and networks.
2. Sharing relevant information, knowledge, experience and good practices.
3. Providing technical support and guidance to the Parties.
4. Providing information and recommendations, drawing on adaptation good practices, for consideration by the Conference of Parties (COP).
5. Considering information communicated by Parties on their monitoring and review of adaptation action, support provided and received.