2050kids engages and empowers youth and communities in sustainable solutions to adapt to and reverse the progression of climate change.
2050kids is a small nonprofit located in the United States with team members in Nicaragua, France, and the UK. Our projects are educational and focus on engaging youth and their communities in designing and building vibrant local economies in which they can not only adapt to have the potential to reverse climate change.
The vision of 2050kids is to build a better future in collaboration with the people who will inherit and inhabit the world in 2050.
2050kids initiates actions to create a future free from the disproportionate impacts of a changing climate on vulnerable populations.
2050kids works alongside communities to build discovery-learning programs that mitigate local climate impacts. Our programs are designed to uncover and unleash the inherent skills and imagination needed to strengthen affected populations in creating sustainable livelihoods. We focus on those who have traditionally been overlooked for such reasons as:
- Lack of formalized education
- Disadvantage due to disability or poverty
- Disenfranchisement due to culture or geography
- 2050kids practices the principle of intergenerational equity — the belief that every person has the equal right to sustain their geographic and cultural identity and be equally involved in shaping their future.
- 2050kids works to empower the world’s most vulnerable populations, those which are disproportionately impacted by a changing climate.
- 2050kids incorporates Traditional Environmental Knowledge (TEK), tapping into inherent skills and imagination to create sustainable livelihoods.