The mission of RWB is to ensure the availability of enough and well-managed water resources for sustainable development.
Its missions are as follows:
- To implement national policies, laws and strategies related to water resources;
- To advise the Government on matters related to water resources;
- To establish strategies aimed at knowledge based on research on water resources knowledge, forecasting on water availability, quality and demand;
- To establish strategies related to the protection of catchments and coordinate the implementation of erosion control plans;
- To establish floods management strategies;
- To establish water storage infrastructure;
- To establish water resources allocation plans;
- To establish water resources quality and quantity preservation strategies;
- To control and enforce water resources use efficiency;
- To examine the preparation of roads, bridges, dams and settlements designs in order to ensure flood mitigation and water storage standards;
- To monitor the implementation of flood mitigation measures and water storage during the implementation of roads, bridges and settlements’ plans;
- To cooperate and collaborate with other regional and international institutions with a similar mission.