HEALTH AND SOCIAL SERVICES DIRECTORATE PRIORITY OBJECTIVES:
- To increase access to safe and adequate water supply, sanitation, hygiene and water catchment conservation practices in targeted areas.
- To promote practice and improve access to reproductive health services among the vulnerable communities in targeted areas.
- To reduce the spread and mitigate the impact of common diseases among the infected and affected individuals and communities in targeted areas.
- To promote increased access to safe blood and blood products for emergency transfusion in Uganda.
- To empower communities for preparedness, management and response to disease outbreaks and fatal injuries.
- Red report (surveillance) for Strange diseases/illnesses and confirmations
- Prepositioning of response tools and equipment.
- Preparedness training of volunteers in communicable disease prevention and management.
- Improving Blood donor care, motivation and retention
- Increasing safe blood unit mobilized
- Improving Blood donor education and awareness
1. Health Services
- Common diseases (HIV, Malaria, TB) prevention
- Maternal and child health (MCH) promotion
- Adolescent Sexual Rep.Health
- SGBV and Menstrual hygiene management
Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)
- Safe water sources
- Sanitation and environment health
- Public and personal hygiene
2. Social and Commercicial Services
Commercial First Aid and Ambulance services
- Commercial First Aid and Ambulance Services
- Offer quality commercial public life-saving trainings
- Provide commercial public ambulance services
- Provide affordable standard safety appliances, life saving equipment and information materials to the general public.
- Community F/A, Road Safety and Epidemic control
- Improving community First Aid/ road safety trainings and practices
- Epidemic Control Trainings and deployments for emergency health disease outbreak response
- Facilitating active case search and referral for disease outbreak controls in the affected communities
- Mobilizing communities for epidemic outbreak control and prevention
- Consolidate and sustain the existing partneships and bring on board new partners.
- Build community resilience in all health related community challenges through community participation/involvement and capacity building
- Marketing commercial FA services
- Strengthen advocacy, implemetation and service delivery in line with URCS requirements (Objectives, Policies and guidelines)
- Promote innovative ideas and evidence based social research
INSTITUTIONAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Germany Volunteers
- Membership recruitment
- Dissemination of Red Cross principles and International Humanitarian Law
- Restoration Family Links Services
- Integrated Community Capacity Building
- Mt. Elgon Disaster Risk Reduction project
- Emergency Response and Preparedness
- Integrated Climate Change and Adaptation
- Climate Change Adaptation Project in Apac and Katakwi
- Reducing Community Risk and Strengthening Disaster Response Project
- South Sudan Refugee Operation