iDE creates income and livelihood opportunities for poor, rural households by building market systems that increase incomes through scaling transformative products, services and technologies in agriculture, WASH, and finance.
iDE is a global effort that spans offices in 14 countries, encompassing 4 social enterprises, employing nearly 1,000 people directly, and indirectly enabling many more through our market-based approaches in agriculture; water, sanitation, and health; and finance.
Our clients are courageous business people. They are entrepreneurs selling beneficial goods and services to a customer base that desires to experience a modern lifestyle.
Our beliefs are best summarized in a series of simple statements that guide our daily actions.
- Poor women and men have the right to a secure livelihood.
- Markets are the most powerful force for significant, widespread and lasting impact on rural prosperity.
- The rural poor are customers, producers, and entrepreneurs.
- We listen to and learn from the people we work with. We value innovation and entrepreneurship.
- We are results-oriented, aiming for significant impacts for large numbers of people.
- We strive for economic, social, and environmental equity and sustainability.
Find out more at https://www.ideglobal.org/about