The goal of the Lebanese Red Cross is to promote peace, serve the society, and alleviate human suffering with neutrality and without any racial, sexual, social, religious or political discrimination. The Lebanese Red Cross carries out the following in accordance of it’s mission statement:
- Acts as an auxiliary to the medical services of the Lebanese Army during armed conflicts, in all fields mentioned in the Geneva Conventions, and provides help to all the victims of war, whether they are civilian or military. During times of peace, the LRC is involved in making necessary emergency preparations and acts as an auxiliary to the public health services in all the fields mentioned in the Geneva Conventions.
- Participates in efforts aimed at improving health, preventing diseases, and alleviating the suffering of all people through rehabilitation and solidarity programs that meet the needs on both national and local (community) levels.
- Organizes urgent (emergency) relief services for the victims of all kinds of disasters.
- Recruits volunteers and trains them to accomplish different tasks appointed to the Lebanese Red Cross.
- Encourages the participation of children and youth in the Lebanese Red Cross activities.
- Disseminates the Fundamental Principals of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and the International Humanitarian Law in order to spread the spirit of peace, understanding and respect among the people, especially the youth and children.