Launched by UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon in August 2012, the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) mobilizes scientific and technical expertise in support of sustainable development problem solving at local, national, and global scales.
SDSN-Y is the youth division of the SDSN, a new initiative to engage youth globally in the post-2015 agenda. Through education and global cooperation, SDSN-Y encourages young people to prioritize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by creating a global platform to advocate for change and to offer solutions for achieving the SDGs. SDSN-Y works alongside policymakers and receives assistance from field experts. The global reach of SDSN, with its strong links to universities from around the world, provides a unique opportunity to effectively involve youth in the post-2015 agenda.
“Empowering youth globally to create sustainable solutions”
SDSN-Y amplifies the tremendous energy and capabilities of youth in generating broader buy-in for the SDGs by mobilizing resources and building capacity to empower action.
Aims and objectives
- Monitor constituencies of young people with capacity to mobilise to achieve the SDGs.
- Educate young people about the SDGs and encourage them to prioritize their implementation.
- Integrate concerns and views of young people into the pathways for achieving the SDGs.
- Provide a platform for young people from different communities to connect and share ideas and experiences that address the challenges of sustainable development.
- Support and celebrate projects that are aimed towards achieving the SDGs.